Saturday, March 31, 2012

Scarlet Pilgrimage: Five Things a Ferrari Fan Must See and Do in Maranello


In 1943, Italy was in the midst of a war. Along with other major industrial centres throughout the country, the northern Italian town of Modena became a target for bombing raids. It was during this time that Ferrari founder Enzo Ferrari decided to move his factory to the nearby town of Maranello.

In the years that followed the war, Ferrari grew to become one of the most recognised companies in the world and the name of Maranello has become synonymous with the famous Italian manufacturer.

As a life-long Ferrari fanatic, I spent my youth dreaming about the day that I would finally get to wander its streets for myself. I remember being overcome with extreme emotion and even though I have been back many times since, the town still holds the same power over me.

Read more »

Category